Monday, July 25, 2011

{Love Is Sweet}


Two years ago today, I married the love of my life.  It also marks the day that I designed my first "official" candy bar for our wedding and the "unofficial" sweet beginnings of Glam Candies. I thought that once I got through all of the wedding planning that I would have a lot of time to spare.  Well, I was wrong.  The planning never ended.  In fact, the past two years have been even busier!  Channeling Amy Atlas, I decided to establish a small business shortly after our wedding. Followed by building a website and blog, working on inspiration boards and photo shoots, meeting with clients, attending networking events, coordinating weddings, planning children's parties, training my GC crew, baking, crafting and styling dessert tables… It has grown into my full time passion...and I dedicate to it every second I can spare. 


What most people don't know about me is that I also work full time as a business analyst (I come from a fashion background) and in addition to planning, blogging and tracking the weather forecast, I love being able to make a difference in people's lives.  Calming down a bride just before she walks down the aisle and bustling her gown before she makes her grand entrance.  Helping the groomsmen pin on their boutonnieres.  Finding mom and dad for a dance or the best man and maid of honor for a speech, usually with a microphone in one hand and a glass of champagne and pack of tissues in the other.  Showing the bride and groom how to cut their wedding cake and restocking the candy bar after guests stop by to satisfy their sweet tooth.  These are a few details that aren't given a lot of thought in the grand scheme of things and may even go unnoticed, but it's what I'm good at and the truth is that I do this because I absolutely love it.  And once the chandeliers have been taken down and the mason jars have been put away, I know that I have done my part in contributing to their sweetest day. 
So, I have to admit that I'm pretty happy with this sweet little journey so far (still chipping away at it) and I'm even happier to be celebrating my 2nd anniversary with my incredible and supportive husband in Mexico.  Cheers!
P.S.  In case you would like to see more of my wedding, you can view a full feature on Lovely Little Details.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart candy and comments!