Saturday, June 11, 2011

{Surprise Birthday Dessert Bar}

Hi everyone!  I just want to share a few of the projects that I have been working on.  I had so much fun creating this surprise dessert bar for my mom's birthday party last weekend and she and the guests really enjoyed it too!  I was inspired by the paper goodies I picked up from a local craft store and took it from there.  I used navy, green and brown throughout the treats, ribbon and vessels.  I set up the dessert bar outside to be photographed and then I moved it indoors.  I actually moved it around quite a bit considering I had to transport everything to her house, but it was worth it!  Here's a few pics of how it turned out...you can click on them to enlarge.







I baked the cake and cake pops and it was the perfect excuse to work with cakewalk desserts for the pie pops!  They worked out great as party favors and our guests loved them!







I also created a mini s'mores bar with graham crackers, the new s'more marshmallows and mini hershey's bars.  I threw a few gooey caramels in there as well.


    




Here are a few more of my favorite details.








Also, I recently switched over from a pc to a mac and have been experimenting with it... I was able to whip up this little video montage.  I love the vintage effect!





Happy weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart candy and comments!