Friday, April 8, 2011

{Spring Sweet Treats for under $20}

I love sprucing up my home décor without spending a fortune or making a huge commitment.  When I create tablescapes I prefer splurging on a few key pieces to make a statement rather than including and incorporating everything that I find that screams Easter to me. 
Below are a few handpicked items that can easily transform your some of your every day furniture pieces such as a dining or coffee table, sideboard or mantel and make your transition into Spring just a little more cheerful & fun.  I challenged myself to stay under a $20 budget for each item. 


Candleholders can be used on any of the furniture pieces I mentioned above.  Last year, I purchased a few of these Trix Candleholders from Crate and Barrel and filled them with pastel colored m&m’s, jelly beans and tealights.

{Napkin Rings}
Napkin rings are another fun accessory to update your dining table.  I love these silk colorful Gerber daisy napkin rings also from Crate & Barrel.

Better yet, if you are into crafting, here is a great tutorial on making your own birds nest napkin rings from Scissors and Spatulas.

{Table Runner}
I LOVE this tablescape.  I love the doilies used to create a table runner, the cherry blossom tree (consider hanging Easter eggs from the branches or filling the vase with moss or candies), the paper Easter egg napkin rings (can double as place cards), the simple floral egg cup arrangements and I would love it even more if it was my dining table right now!


{Candy Filled Centerpieces}
Complete the look with a fun Easter/Spring centerpiece.  I really enjoy seeing candy filled floral centerpieces.  I have to try very hard to not eat the candies while crafting. 

Hoppy Decorating!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart candy and comments!